"Earning" posts on one board by posting on others.

Started by khigh, January 03, 2015, 11:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

khigh

OK - I'm not going to hold my breath, but a guy can hope, right?

I have a private board on a forum based on post count, and many of the members just want to discuss everything there instead of participating out in the public areas which of course grows the board by supporting newer members, generating Google results, etc.

I'm going round and round with  them - many want not less, but MORE exclusivity - they want me to UP the post count without giving up any concessions to what can and can't be discussed. So basically that discussion completely backfired.

Is there a way... a mod I'm  sure... that users could "earn" posting privileges based on post count on public areas? So if they make 5 posts on public boards, they can make one on the private board. If I were just starting out, it would work to have a "negative post count" to do it on a 1:1 basis - you hve x posts required for access - you post once in public,  you gain a post, post in private you lose a post. But now after over a yea,r the users post counts are all over the place.

Like I said - I'm not holding my breath, but it could be fun to consider, anyway.

Thanks for looking.

Kindred

Nope. No such feature or mod exists... And this belongs in mod requests, not support... :)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

khigh

Actually, one would have to already know for sure that it didn't exist to know it was a request and not support, right?  ;)

Also, it's not really a request - could be something nice to think about, but if it doesn't exist right this very second, it's not going to help with the people yelling at me when all I want to do is go to bed.

Thanks for looking.

Advertisement: