News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

upgrading from 2.0.7 => 2.0.9 help

Started by Danallkins, January 14, 2015, 04:56:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danallkins

I have been a bit slack and need to upgrade my forum from 2.0.7 to 2.0.9 but I'm totally lost.. I've read the upgrade wiki but none the wiser.

How to I upgrade without loosing anything I have installed?  any help would be great.  Thanks.

kat

As it says, on that wiki page...

When you enter SMF's Administration Center if a patch has been released you will be notified through a box "Update Available!". Selecting the link present in this box will automatically download the patch from the Simple Machines website and will bring you to the package manager".

We can't emphasise the part about backing up, first. strongly enough.

Patching, like that, should be safe. But, you never know... ;)

Steve

What's not clear in Illori's link (at least to me) is that if you're going to go from 2.0.7 to 2.0.9 patch to 2.0.8 first. Then patch to 2.0.9. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

Illori

well the admin panel patch will prompt for 2.0.8 to be installed before 2.0.9 ;) given they dont try to upload the packages manually.

Steve

True ... I just wanted the OP to be aware of that before he/she started. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

Danallkins

Thanks for the replies. I have read the wiki link but was a little confused what I was doing. I will log in to my admin and see what can do. 

Illori

confused at what part? we might be able to improve the wiki if we know what issues you ran into.

blunted

I had to install an ancient back up myself, was at 2.0.7 my admin center is claiming 2.0.7 is the most up to date with no updates available?

Illori

did you restore a database backup as well? if so then the scheduled task to fetch simple machines files needs to be run first.

Advertisement: