Email notification links don't lead to latest unread post

Started by Carmageddon, January 15, 2015, 09:39:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carmageddon

Hello guys, I am recently using quite a lot in this forum:

http://{www.} hxxp:canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/index.php?topic=255341.new;topicseen#new [nonactive]

However, apparently those links are not working, they only lead to the first page,  out of thousands sometimes (in the big threads).
This is happening when I am logged in to the forum.

Any idea what is the cause? is it a bug? some setting I could refer the forum admins to? its really annoying me.

Thanks!

Kindred

that does not seem to be the correct link (I could be wrong, and one of the devs will hopefully correct me if I am)

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=532454.msg3764793;topicseen#new

this is the correct link, here...

see... topic . msg -- then ;topicseen#new
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Carmageddon

Quote from: Kindred on January 15, 2015, 10:17:07 AM
that does not seem to be the correct link (I could be wrong, and one of the devs will hopefully correct me if I am)

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=532454.msg3764793;topicseen#new

this is the correct link, here...

see... topic . msg -- then ;topicseen#new

Interesting! Even from your forum, the link I received in email is like this:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=532454.new;topicseen#new

Are you receiving the correct links? If so, I will check in incognito mode to rule out any Chrome plugin interference...

Kindred

hmmm...   I was wrong.   The link that you just did appears to work correctly for me. It brought me to your post...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

No, it is the correct link.

.msg123456 will take you to whichever page of the topic message id 123456 is on. .new on the other hand will look up the most recent message you've seen, then the earliest message after that and then use that as the page.

Is it taking you to the right page of a multi-page topic at least?

Carmageddon

Quote from: Arantor on January 15, 2015, 11:30:38 AM
No, it is the correct link.

.msg123456 will take you to whichever page of the topic message id 123456 is on. .new on the other hand will look up the most recent message you've seen, then the earliest message after that and then use that as the page.

Is it taking you to the right page of a multi-page topic at least?

No, it brings me to the first page in the thread.

and BTW, your captcha for every post is extremely difficult, sometimes I have to try a few times to get it right.. another image only changes the obfuscation lines.

Arantor

So there is something wrong with your installation then since .new is the standard behaviour in SMF and always has been.

We know the CAPTCHA is tough but the international nature of this forum makes it difficult for us to use other options (since the preference is Q&A but 2.0 doesn't support multi-language Q&A)

Carmageddon

Quote from: Arantor on January 15, 2015, 12:10:28 PM
So there is something wrong with your installation then since .new is the standard behaviour in SMF and always has been.

We know the CAPTCHA is tough but the international nature of this forum makes it difficult for us to use other options (since the preference is Q&A but 2.0 doesn't support multi-language Q&A)

Thank you, any specific area I should ask the admins to look into to fix this problem on their forum?

Arantor

I would pester the admins to come here, because it's likely going to be more than a setting change.

Advertisement: