Cant instal certain mods

Started by deathwantsme, October 15, 2005, 07:34:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathwantsme

Mods that are just a file, not a folder WILL not instal for me. Does anyone have an idea why?

dtm.exe

deathwantsme

yes, it says:

An Error Has Occurred!
The package you tried to upload either is not a valid package or has become corrupted.

dtm.exe

Quote from: deathwantsme on October 15, 2005, 07:35:52 PM
yes, it says:

An Error Has Occurred!
The package you tried to upload either is not a valid package or has become corrupted.

Are you sure that the package is compatible with the version of SMF that you are using?

deathwantsme

no, not 100%. Im a noob to smf and assumed that since it is a download on the package manager and is in bold in there with a download link that it was compatable. The server my forum is on is weird so i have to download each file and upload it.

dtm.exe

Quote from: deathwantsme on October 15, 2005, 07:39:53 PM
no, not 100%. Im a noob to smf and assumed that since it is a download on the package manager and is in bold in there with a download link that it was compatable. The server my forum is on is weird so i have to download each file and upload it.

That's not the case, unfortunately.  So problem solved?

deathwantsme

so how do i know what mods are compatable with  SMF 1.1 RC1???

Elmacik

in downloads page, every mod has an explanation header like this:
Name:
Created By:
Type:
First Created:
Last Modified:
Latest Version:
Compatible With: you can see here and read the explanation written by the author also
Total Downloads:
Home of Elmacik

deathwantsme

what if they havent updated but it is? guess i gotta take that chance?

Why does it have that download link and the name of the mod in bold if its not compatable?

If i downgrade my forum, then mod it, then upgrade it, will the mods work?

Elmacik

no, mods wont work if you upgrade, moreover, your forum will fail to upgrade with mods.
you have to wait the mod's author t update the mod package or you have to do it yourself
you can still try to install even though it is not defined to work with your version.
(of course if author didnt denoted that its not compatible with your SMF version)
i hope i am clear :P
Home of Elmacik

deathwantsme

yes, your clear and that sucks. I would like to have some mods that are not compatable with the verison im using.

Advertisement: