Moving a topic inside a child board

Started by bryantdl7, January 16, 2015, 06:10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bryantdl7

When I move a topic on my board the board it is from doesnt show up. the board I was moving this message from is canned Unban Requests and you will notice it is not on the dropdown list. This is a minor organization issue since I have multiple boards named accepted and denied. Another smf board they do show on, though. Any tips?

Kindred

Nope, this is as intended....

The board that the message is currently in is not a target for it to be moved into, therefore, it does not show in the list
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

bryantdl7

I understand the common sense of that yes, but for organization sake having it in the dropdown would remove confusion.

Kindred

but, if it is in the dropdown, then it would be selectable...   which could lead to a recursive loop.

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

bryantdl7

What if next to the current board it said (Current location)? or maybe an error that stops you when you attempt to move to the current location
I am sorry if it is coming across like I disagree with you way of thinking, just this is a complaint my forum staff make to me and want a solution for.
Maybe a by default disabled setting to make the current board show?

Again, sorry if it seems like I disagree with your way of thinking..  :-X

Steve

Maybe this should go in Mod Requests? I've never heard of anyone wanting this on any forum or type of forum I've been on. Doesn't mean there isn't a demand for it of course ... :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: