News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Unknown column 'data' in 'field list' please help me.

Started by DilSe, January 17, 2015, 09:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

Ah ha!!!!!!!!    You changed hosts...   Did you fully reconfigure smf to use the new host?

Based on your symptoms, I am actually betting that something is still pointing toward your old server..
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

DilSe

so no any solution for that right..?
i try install a new smf and then i change files and upload database. but when i upload database again i get same error . i don't understand

Kindred

I answered you...   and asked a question -- which you have not answered.

Quote from: Kindred on June 18, 2015, 08:28:51 PM
Ah ha!!!!!!!!    You changed hosts...   Did you fully reconfigure smf to use the new host?

Based on your symptoms, I am actually betting that something is still pointing toward your old server..
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Herman's Mixen

Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

DilSe

Quote from: Kindred on June 18, 2015, 08:28:51 PM

oh! i am v.sorry i never seen your post. when i change host site is working good for i think couple months or at least 2 month. i am sure about that after 2 month i get this problem so what i can do now sir

and - Herman's Mixen i already use that repair_settings.php? thanks

Kindred

you restored the database from an old backup though...       and your symptoms (making changes on your current site don't seem to take effect) suggest that something is pointing to other places, other than the correct, current locations
Слaва
Украинi

Herman's Mixen

Quote from: DilSe on June 25, 2015, 03:12:48 PM
Herman's Mixen i already use that repair_settings.php? thanks

Acctually, using .... and changing stuff with it is something different...
Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

DilSe

so Kindred how i can fix now that i don't no from where i can start to fix this. and i really appreciate you already reply for me many time

Kindred

you need to USE and SAVE repair_settings.php (possibly running it twice, the first time to correct the database, the second to correct the paths)
Слaва
Украинi

DilSe

i am sorry sir for late reply

kindred..          repair_settings.php  i try many time repair setting php show me everything good. but when i try to open my site again same error.

ziycon

Quote from: DilSe on July 09, 2015, 02:39:22 AM

kindred..          repair_settings.php  i try many time repair setting php show me everything good. but when i try to open my site again same error.
If you want to PM me the link to repair_settings.php file that you placed on your server I can have a look.

DilSe

Quote from: ziycon on July 09, 2015, 05:02:13 AM
Quote from: DilSe on July 09, 2015, 02:39:22 AM

If you want to PM me the link to repair_settings.php file that you placed on your server I can have a look.

ok

DilSe

Kindred

Quote from: Kindred on June 25, 2015, 04:25:57 PM
...your symptoms (making changes on your current site don't seem to take effect) suggest that something is pointing to other places, other than the correct, current locations
Слaва
Украинi

shawnb61

For me, repair_settings.php does not change ALL references to paths and URLs.   I have found that I needed to hunt around all admin settings looking for "old looking" directories and URLs and updating them.   Repair_settings rapidly gets you so you CAN do the rest by hand.   

You may need to manually crawl thru all your admin menus and submenus looking for paths/URLs to fully restore your site.
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

DilSe

Quote from: Kindred on July 14, 2015, 11:41:46 PM
Quote from: Kindred on June 25, 2015, 04:25:57 PM
...your symptoms (making changes on your current site don't seem to take effect) suggest that something is pointing to other places, other than the correct, current locations

yes sir you are right .... that's why i ask this question how i can fix that sir ....

and shawanb61 . i did many think but i can't fix . that's why i create this topic.. i need help from experts seniors

Illori

Quote from: shawnb61 on July 15, 2015, 01:25:34 AM
For me, repair_settings.php does not change ALL references to paths and URLs.   I have found that I needed to hunt around all admin settings looking for "old looking" directories and URLs and updating them.   Repair_settings rapidly gets you so you CAN do the rest by hand.   

You may need to manually crawl thru all your admin menus and submenus looking for paths/URLs to fully restore your site.

repair_settings.php does not fix the URL's for you, you have to click on the new url to replace the old and then save the page/script and it will repair the URL's for you.

ziycon

Quote from: Illori on July 15, 2015, 05:23:28 AM
Quote from: shawnb61 on July 15, 2015, 01:25:34 AM

repair_settings.php does not fix the URL's for you, you have to click on the new url to replace the old and then save the page/script and it will repair the URL's for you.
URLs are all on and correct.

shawnb61

Quote from: Illori on July 15, 2015, 05:23:28 AM

Understood.   My point is that it is incomplete.   

The obvious exceptions include mod settings.

It also misses many standard SMF settings.   You MUST audit all of your admin settings even after running repair_settings.php to properly relocate your site.
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Kindred

shawn,

actually, you are incorrect. repair_settings.php WILL update all of the CORE settings for SMF/default installation.
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: