Is there a mod that displays topics in selectable age?

Started by Rk2910, January 21, 2015, 06:12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rk2910

Attached is a capture from my old forum (phpbb) and I have members starting to ask where this feature is in SMF.   
It allows you to filter, at the forum level, the topic age that they want to see.
Can anyone remember seeing a mod like this?  I did a search but can't get the work combos right to hit the jackpot.

Arantor

Rk2910

Hmmm, anyone have time to take a peek into something like this?

Arantor

It's not a quick job unfortunately. It's not an enormous one, but it's not, say, something you could do properly in an evening.

Rk2910

Ohh, I don't doubt it'll take some effort, for sure.

br360

There is this mod which may be very close to what you are looking for- http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=965

It does install and work nicely on 2.0.9. ;)

Rk2910

Wow, thanks BR - looks like exactly what I'm looking for.
Thanks again.

Followup: Error modifying MessageIndex.template.php - I will have to dig in and check this out.
Looks like the file doesn't have what the install is looking for at all. Things have changed I guess since 2010 when the author last visited :-(

Kindred

OMG...   that was designed for 2.0 RC1-2
Yeah... that is unlikely to install cleanly on 2.0.x -- esepcially not in the templates, since the theme was significantly changed between RC3 and RC4
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Illori

those may or may not help with a mod this old. looking at the support thread it looks like the mod needs a rewrite to work with 2.0.

br360

I have it installed on a 2.0.9 test site and it's working fine. Odd though that I downloaded the mod months ago and when I just looked at the version saved on my computer it is v3_2.; yet the newest version showing for the mod here is v3.1.

The only place I could have downloaded the version I have is from here, but not sure why it's not listed in the choice of downloads. I am attaching the newest version I have that will definitely work with 2.0.9. Mods please delete the package if there is a licence issue, or for some reason the attachment should not be here.

Kindred

attachment removed...   since the mod does not have a license defined, it defaults to "no redistribution allowed"
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

br360

Ah Ok. Sorry Kindred.

Since I think the main difference between 3.1 and 3.2 is the edits to the MessageIndex.template.php, would it be ok to attach my MessageIndex.template.php with the mod installed, or at least post the edits in that file to make it work?

Illori

TopicsFilter.php has a license stated but none of the other files...
/******************************************************************************
* This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it     *
* under the terms of the provided license as published by SMF.                *

* This program is distributed in the hope that it is and will be useful,      *
* but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES; without even any implied warranty of            *
* MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.                        *
******************************************************************************/

Kindred

And, since the mod was released under the RC versions of SMF, that defaults to a private license.

br360...   yeah, the specific edits to messageindex.template can be discussed -- the package itself just can not be distributed...
Слaва
Украинi

br360

Thanks Kindred. It does appear that it's more involved than just the one simple edit in the messageindex.template though.

Trying to install 3.1 with the proper file edit change still gives a database error. Seems that there is an install_2.php file in 3.1, yet 3.2 has a db_topics.php added as well and obviously I couldn't add that file here with the licence issue.

Sorry Rk2910.

Rk2910

Not a problem - thanks for all your help.
I have found someone to create a similar mod, not as robust because I think that author gave every possible filter that he could think of, but a few wouldn't be used.

Advertisement: