News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

multipage topics displaying replies from the first page on the last page

Started by AEnterprise, January 22, 2015, 10:02:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

margarett

There's no point in discussing it anymore. Passwords are hashed, I cant see them even if I wanted to.
Again, good luck ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Arantor

The database is already redacted by definition: the passwords are not, and never have been, stored in a fashion whereby the actual password can be directly obtained. Ever.

It is mathematically impossible to get the original password out of SMF's storage of passwords.

AEnterprise

Quote from: Arantor on January 24, 2015, 11:22:04 AM
The database is already redacted by definition: the passwords are not, and never have been, stored in a fashion whereby the actual password can be directly obtained. Ever.

It is mathematically impossible to get the original password out of SMF's storage of passwords.

oh me and the others where under the impression that the passwords where stored in there in a readable way, as i said not a php/sql/whatever more is used for smf forums expert

Arantor

Nope, they are stored as SHA1 salted hashes which are one-way only encryption. Because storing them in plaintext would be a colossal security issue.

margarett

Well, the database is SQLite and since I never touched such thing I couldn't check anything...

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

AEnterprise

anybody else that could take a look to find out what's going on?

AEnterprise

the problem still exists so i'm bumping this in the hope someone can help me fix this

margarett

AEnterprise

Quote from: margarett on February 13, 2015, 03:41:21 AM
Can you check if you can generate a .sql file with this tool?
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=476264.0

so i have to get that tool on the forum and browse to it to run it and it'll start a download?

AEnterprise

Quote from: margarett on February 13, 2015, 03:41:21 AM
Can you check if you can generate a .sql file with this tool?
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=476264.0

i tried but i have no FTP access to the site so no way of uploading that file to get a .sql file from it :(

margarett

AEnterprise

Quote from: margarett on February 18, 2015, 02:25:05 PM
Maybe you can ask to whoever has access? ;)

i'd love to but spacetoad is missing, nobody has heard from him since december

margarett

Then you have bigger problems then "multipage topics displaying replies from the first page on the last page" :(

What will happen when some kind of maintenance is required? Or when the hosting plan expires?...

Anyway, regarding this particular problem, I can't really help you with SQLite... 2 weeks ago I installed a Linux VM on purpose to investigate this. Tough luck, everything ships with SQLite3 for quite some time... I was not able to have PHP to recognize your db backup...

AEnterprise

Quote from: margarett on February 18, 2015, 05:43:18 PM
Then you have bigger problems then "multipage topics displaying replies from the first page on the last page" :(

What will happen when some kind of maintenance is required? Or when the hosting plan expires?...

Anyway, regarding this particular problem, I can't really help you with SQLite... 2 weeks ago I installed a Linux VM on purpose to investigate this. Tough luck, everything ships with SQLite3 for quite some time... I was not able to have PHP to recognize your db backup...

yes i know, he has vanished like this years ago, only to return last year. The hosting plan never expired so eighter he or someone else kept paying for it. The rest of the site is a wordpress site, some other people have the needed rights there and i'm an administrator on the forum so as long as we don't need ftp access we should be able to get through this.

also i've been thinking: installing mods is possible as the forum does that on it's own. is it possible to pack that php file you linked intro a mod? if it is possible i could do it myself if you could point me to a tutorial (i'm an MC modder so i should be able to figure out how it works)

margarett

Yes, that would be a possibility ;) I'll work on it later, give me a nudge if I forget it :P

AEnterprise

Quote from: margarett on February 19, 2015, 04:40:00 AM
Yes, that would be a possibility ;) I'll work on it later, give me a nudge if I forget it :P

ok, thanks alot for all the time you are putting into this. i wish i could do more this, i've send another email to spacetoad but i fear i'm still not gona get a reply

on a more positive note: by using new, better security questions i haven't seen a single bot in weeks

AEnterprise

Quote from: margarett on February 19, 2015, 04:40:00 AM

* AEnterprise gives nudge

margarett

margarett

OK so I finally checked this.

What is wrong is that there is a misconfiguration between the number of messages per page (which, in your profile, is set to 50) and the number effectively shown (in the link you gave us before, 15).

In that link (topic 809) there are 148 posts
SELECT * FROM `smf_messages` WHERE id_topic = 890
QuoteShowing rows 0 - 147 (148 total

I assembled a test forum with your database in my local computer and I get 3 pages of 50 topics (except last one of course :P ), showing normally. I change it to 15 and I get 10 pages of 15 topics (except last one of course :P )

So unfortunately there's something wrong with your site's code. There are some "extra" tables in your database so there is/was maybe some other things installed beyond what you think?
I would recommend you a clean set of files ;)
http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/How_to_upload_a_fresh_set_of_files

Advertisement: