News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Partial quotations

Started by debiwebi, January 22, 2015, 10:29:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

debiwebi

I searched the Mods for this and didn't find anything, so hopefully I didn't just miss it. We have some pretty long posts on our Forum and I've been thinking it would be great to be able to just highlight a portion of a post -- a sentence or two maybe -- and be able to quote-box just that specific text in a reply. Right now I'm copy & pasting the quote code over and over for snippets of text to reply to and it's pretty time consuming, not to mention I'm afraid I'm going to screw something up.
Some mornings it just isn't worth
chewing through the leather straps.
~Emo

Unlimited Own Posts Editing Time

margarett

You can copy and paste just the portion of the text you want, paste it in the reply box, then select it and click the "quote" BBC button, it will wrap the selected code in quotes (although it will not keep the author's name and link to original post)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

debiwebi

That will work for quotes, but you're correct, it won't keep a link to the orig. post or author's name so if being posted in a different topic that info has to be manually added. Thank you!
~Emo

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

debiwebi

Oh, wow, I'll check that out. Thanks!
~Emo

Steve

I use that mod and absolutely love it. Your members will have to get used to clicking 'Quote (selected)' to quote the whole post or highlighting the section they want to quote and then clicking that button. It's brilliant. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: