News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

InvisionPowerBoard 2.1 to SMF (broken links)

Started by Savatage1984, January 24, 2015, 06:26:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savatage1984

Hello,i have a problem with hxxp:smf.my [nonactive] forum was InvisionPowerBoard 2.1 and i convert it to smf but i have a bug with my links,there are broken.Anyone who knows what to do to restore them ?

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Savatage1984

Hey again,the site is hxxp:emioannina.gr/index.php?topic=1841.0 [nonactive] and for example the " [attachment=14689:box.jpg] " doesnt hxxp:appeared.is [nonactive] it somethins simple to repair it ?

margarett

Not really, no...

SMF doesn't support inline attachments (although there are MODs for it but even those are not straight compatible with IPB's).

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Savatage1984

so these are broken forever? no way to restore them right ?

margarett

Inline attachments, most like yes. It would be possible to write a script to adapt them to work with one of the inline attachments MODs but it's not a direct task :(

Are the embed inline images the only thing missing? Or do you have other broken links?

Savatage1984

margarett

Do the attachments show up, errrr.... attached :P at the end of the post or are they completely missing?

suhaneankit

I also want to convert my another IPB forum to SMF. This issue will exist for me too ?? i am worrying about it. And what script we need to write ? I'll hire one freelancer to write that but exactly what it is.

Thanks.
7 Steps IRCTC Registration IRCTC Registration in 7 Steps
Check PNR Status IRCTC PNR Status

margarett

It will, if you use online attachments in IPB

My recommendation is always to perform a first conversion and check it out. Wipe out all issues and, when happy with the result, do it again, now for good.

suhaneankit

Quote from: margarett on April 10, 2015, 08:29:07 AM
It will, if you use online attachments in IPB

My recommendation is always to perform a first conversion and check it out. Wipe out all issues and, when happy with the result, do it again, now for good.

Online attachments are many there. First conversion ?? i did not get this Margarett..

margarett

Just convert! But instead of converting and immediately toss IPB away, don't do that. Leave IPB running and "play" with SMF, see how it behaves, find and fix problems, etc

suhaneankit

Going to try this Margarett.. Thanks a lot

Advertisement: