News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Moving images to the far right column of my Simple Machines Forum?

Started by BoxOfQuestions, January 24, 2015, 04:59:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

Well, it would seem that you included images in the board description...  That's a bad idea, in the first place.

However, to move them to a different column, you would have to build a whole new field into the system and then a whole new column into the template... In other words, it's not a minor undertaking.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

BoxOfQuestions

I deeply appreciate your reply, but is there anyone that can provide me with steps on how to do this, regardless of difficulty, please?

MK-12_20MM

Just a thought  - not exactly what you want but similar as you want board icons in concept.   

Take a look at this mod  http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3604

Antechinus

It's not that difficult if you are prepared to manually assign CSS for each image, for each board, when you create them. The CSS required is trivial, and so are the markup changes.

If you want to be able to do all the assigning of images via the admin centre board management interface, it's more work to set it up. In that case you could adapt the code from the mod mentioned above.

Steve

Does that mean your question has been resolved to your satisfaction?
DO NOT pm me for support!

Gwenwyfar

You're aware that when you have posts on your forum that empty space is where they'll be displayed, right?
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

BoxOfQuestions

I did *not* know that.  That's fine, then.  I was going to use the mod to move them to the front.  I was just initially worried about the empty space to the far right (as it doesn't look good).  Yes, this has been resolved to my satisfaction.  Thank you. :)

Advertisement: