News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Same Thread On Different Boards?

Started by lordrene, January 25, 2015, 12:32:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lordrene

Is there a mod that can place a thread on different boards?

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

No. Not from what I know or could think of.

Adrek

Polskie wsparcie SMF na simplemachines.org

the simplest solution is most likely the right one

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Kindred

It depends what you mean by "the same thread"

If you actually mean, the same thread...  Meaning the post and all replies, then then global mod, that Margarett poined to is the one that you want...

However, if you mean the same starting post, with different replies after that, per board...   Then clone is your best option.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

I must missed that two mods. By the way, how is the announcement mod is related Shuban? I am aware of that mod but not sure how it works.

Biology Forums

Okay, well you create a thread just like any other, and it is shown globally in the boards you wish to display it in while in the message index. Sure beats creating duplicate threads

Illori

Steve

Margarett's mod copies the thread to all your boards.

Clone topic clones a topic to only the board you specify when you click 'Clone Topic'.

Clicking in the cloned topic actually takes you to the original thread in the original board.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Illori

shuban said to use an announcment mod, i dont see how that is any different then the mod that margarett suggested.

Steve

Oops ... sorry, thought you were talking about the two specific mods mentioned so far.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: