News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Administrator MIA - Please help!

Started by Retsef, January 26, 2015, 04:09:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retsef

Hey guys, I manage a forum for an online game and we have a pretty big team.  Our administrator quit the game about a year ago but he is still registered as the admin on our site and I'm not sure how to update the software to the newer version without starting from scratch.

I also need to reassign permissions for the various user groups but I don't see the options to do that, only to reassign groups, delete/ban users, etc... I've done it in the past so I'm not sure why I can't find the option now, I'm assuming it has something to do with the update that was never installed on our forum.

Arantor

Without admin access or access directly to the hosting panel, there's really not a lot that can be done. :(

Night09

When you say you manage it do you have access to anything other than moderating? Can you back up the database or get a copy from the host? If so you can rebuild somewhere else and eliminate the need for him.

Advertisement: