Custom Profile Fields Based on Membergroup

Started by Cyber-Box, January 26, 2015, 04:28:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyber-Box

I've been looking around but what I've found doesn't really do what I'm looking for.

To the custom profile fields I can add on SMF, I would like to assign membergroups.  What I want is that only membergroups that I assign are able to have those fields show up on their profiles.

Is there a mod that I may have missed for this?

Arantor

There's no mod for this... what are you trying to make happen?

Steve

Yes, an example would help. There is this mod but the field shows only to the member with the custom field:

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3947
DO NOT pm me for support!

Cyber-Box

To the custom profile fields I can add on SMF, I would like to assign membergroups.  What I want is that only membergroups that I assign are able to have those fields show up on their profiles.

Well, you know how the profile fields are ICQ, YIM, etc?  For example, let's say I add in Pinterest and Instagram for everyone to fill out and have show up on their profile.  I also add website, Etsy shop, and YouTube, but those fields can only be filled out and have shown up on the profiles of membergroup "full member".

Arantor

Yeah, there's no good way to do that with any currently available mod. It's not pretty to implement either, I did it once, spent ages figuring it all out.

Cyber-Box

Ok, that's too bad.  Thank you.  Thinking about it last night I think there's something I may try that will let me do something similar but I have to see if it works.  Thanks again.  :)

Advertisement: