News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Disable Modification of post count

Started by bryantdl7, January 27, 2015, 11:21:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bryantdl7

I have my board set up so that there are basically global moderators, global admins, and global super admins. My moderator group can edit post count for other users, this is something I want to be super admin only, is this a setting I am missing?
One of my moderators set his post count to 9001  -.-
The only thing I see related is this stackoverflow.com/questions/4483330/smf-moderators-can-change-their-post-count [nofollow]

Thanks in advance!

Kindred

if they can modify a user's profile... then they will be able to modify the post count.

the permissions are already complicated enough....   we don't want to add so many granular permissions that no one ever understands what any one thing does
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Shambles

I implemented a similar restriction to this, allowing only members of my Admin group to edit the postcount (so, not exactly the same as yours).

For me it was a one-line amendment to Profile-Modify.php

bryantdl7

Quote from: Kindred on January 27, 2015, 12:02:36 PM
if they can modify a user's profile... then they will be able to modify the post count.

the permissions are already complicated enough....   we don't want to add so many granular permissions that no one ever understands what any one thing does
So, if I remove their ability to modify others' profiles they will lose the power to change post count?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: