News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Any way to get rid of the fading banner?

Started by peps1, January 28, 2015, 08:05:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peps1

Any easy way to get rid of the fading banner on the default theme?

Kindred

do you mean the gradient background?

If so, then you would need to star playing around with the CSS for the theme...  (or maybe a better choice? start looking at alternate themes that start where you want) :)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

Quote from: Kindred on January 28, 2015, 08:07:57 AM

If so, then you would need to star playing around with the CSS for the theme...  (or maybe a better choice? start looking at alternate themes that start where you want) :)

actually that is part of the background image, so it would need to be modified, not just the css.

Kindred

ACTUALLY... no

background: url("../images/theme/main_block.png") no-repeat scroll 0 -480px #fefefe;

is part of the HEADER definition...   so changing it won't affect the rest of the page.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

peps1

Quote from: Kindred on January 28, 2015, 08:07:57 AM

I probably mean the mean the gradient background?  ;D

Think its time to look at other themes then  ;)

Illori

the part they are pointing to is in that image, and has to be changed there to get rid of that. unless they want to get rid of the whole image then that is css change... but i dont think that would have the effect the op wants.

margarett

@peps1: a probably better option is to find another theme. While our default theme is cute and all :P using a custom theme gives your forum a different "personality" ;)

Have a look at our themesite and other external known resources (google is your friend ;) ) and see if something fits your needs

@austin: not sure if you are joking with that "pay 5 bucks" or not but, in any case, we would appreciate if you don't do it again.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Advertisement: