News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Permissions for boards

Started by kat crazy, January 28, 2015, 04:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kat crazy

so I have a website which has a verified sellers and a non-verified sellers category and I wanted to make it so that only people who have a "verified seller" title can make a new topic in the verified sellers category and anyone who isn't a verified seller can only comment on the threads in the category... does anyone have an idea on how I would be able to do this?

Kindred

standard permissions allow this...   use the permissions profile to assign those specific permissions to a single board or a set of them... or use the basic permissions to set it site-wide.

(additionally, this doesn't belong in chit chat, this is support...   what version are you using)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

kat crazy

ok so i am still having trouble, sorry but would be to much to ask for a step by step tutorial or something.

Kindred

Well, it would help to have details on what, specifically, you are trying to do....

Is this global or board specific?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

kat crazy

just board, i created the verified seller member with the same permissions as a regular member, so i just want the verified member able to post in the verified seller board and other people can just comment only.

Kindred

in that case, what you will use is the board profiles...

Go to index.php?action=admin;area=permissions;sa=profiles admin > members > permissions > edit profiles)

down at the bottom, give the new profile a name and select "default" in the "copy from" section.

Then edit the new profile for your restricted membergroup
Post replies to topics, but hide until approved
   Own topic:          
   Any topic:          
Post replies to topics, without requiring approval

set the first two to DENY (D)....

this will override any other permissions

alternatively, set all of the other membergroups EXCEPT the verified sellers to DISALLOW (X) and set the verified sellers to ALLOW (A)

then go to index.php?action=admin;area=permissions;sa=board (admin > members > permissions > board permissions)
and select the board you want from that list -- and in the board settings, apply this new profile for the permissions....
Слaва
Украинi

kat crazy

ok so i went to  index.php?action=admin;area=permissions;sa=profiles admin > members > permissions > edit profiles i made a profile with the default settings, then ..... lol i got lost i couldn't find the  where to edit the new profile, i am sorry for my being stupid.

Kindred

Once you CREATE the profile, it gets added to the profile list...

then CLICK on the profile name in the list to edit that specific profile
Слaва
Украинi

kat crazy

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sorry i have crippling autism. thank for your help!

Kindred

no worries.... hope my instructions helped. :D
Слaва
Украинi

kat crazy

Advertisement: