News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Coding to root of forum

Started by bucharest, January 28, 2015, 11:58:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bucharest

How do i add coding to root of forum

margarett

You need to provide a better description of what you want to do...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

bucharest

I need to put a code in the sites source page. how do i access this page

margarett

I still have no idea what you mean but I'll try to guess

Your forum's main template is always index.template.php. On the forum entry page, it also uses BoardIndex.template.php. Whatever you add in the first one will always be shown (if not conditioned), the second one only shows in the... errr... Board Index :P

Depending on what you want to do (meaning: which code, for which purpose) it can be easy or not.
Another possibility is a portal MOD, which allows you to add blocks of code in several predefined locations.

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

bucharest

Im trying to do this,

Hi,

Thank you for your inquiry.

To run our ads on your website, please generate the ad code from your account, under Ad Setup, and then click onto Generate New Ad Code.

After you generated a complete ad code of ads of your choice, you will have to paste it onto your site's source page.

You can find several video tutorials by the link: http://www.clicksor.com/publishers/publisher-tutorials Hope it helps.

margarett

There 'ya go, much better ;)

For that purpose, you should
a) get a proper "Ads" MOD, which allow you to put adds in several places. There are several of them, check our modsite.
b) manually edit index.template.php or BoardIndex.template.php and "echo" the code you were given. Don't forget to escape single quotes with a backslash. Eg: this -->   '   becomes this ---> \'

Illori

or maybe use the news feature on the board index? then no coding required.

bucharest

Ok thanks all sorted

Advertisement: