News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Member reply/see own topic that is posted

Started by Oshiego, January 29, 2015, 05:56:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oshiego

I would like to ask if SMF has the function whereby what you post on a certain section can only be seen by YOU and Staff.
You cannot see other topics, posts. You can only see and reply to the topic that you created.

This function can be used for this kind of scenario:

Seller Application.
Member 1 post an application, but only him and the staffs can see it. Member 1 can only see his topic that is within that section.
Member 2 post and application, since Member 1 posted a topic before, Member 2 shouldn't be able to see anything(probably a clean section[no topics posted]), but he can only see the topic that he posted and reply to own topic.

I tried to tweak and play around with the board / general permissions but was still unable to find a way to get to this point.

Illori

i wonder if something like http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2491 would work for you. it also allows attachments.

basic board permissions will not do what you want.

Oshiego

Quote from: Illori on January 29, 2015, 06:02:36 AM
i wonder if something like http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2491 would work for you. it also allows attachments.

basic board permissions will not do what you want.

This seems to be a big mod whereby it changes the whole of SMF, am I right to say that? Will it screw up any kind of effort that I've put on to my current forum?
Or rather, instead of using a custom form etc. Ticket system will work?

Arantor

Yes, the ticket system will indeed work and let you achieve the kind of privacy settings you're trying to get to.

Trying to do it in SMF otherwise is a major performance hog, not to mention that such settings tend to get ignored by other mods.

Oshiego

Quote from: Arantor on January 29, 2015, 08:14:38 AM
Yes, the ticket system will indeed work and let you achieve the kind of privacy settings you're trying to get to.

Trying to do it in SMF otherwise is a major performance hog, not to mention that such settings tend to get ignored by other mods.

Yeah. Thanks a lot and thanks to the one who introduced to me the SimpleDesk Mod. It helped me :)

Arantor

Awesome to hear (I'm the one who made like 95% of it)

Advertisement: