News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Ad Code Placement

Started by Divine27, January 29, 2015, 08:08:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Divine27

So yesterday my host decided to be a huge pain in the ass because I didn't have an ad on my forum and decided to suspend my account. I've never had any issue with this, but apparently they are cracking down, even on their most loyal hostee. Anyway, they gave me a chance to fix it and now I need a little help on how to place my code and where. I needed it so users wouldn't have to scoll at or or much to see it. So I was thinking a good placement would be right under the navigation links and before the "Divine Candice Forum" so can anyone help me please?!

Kindred

a few things....

1- with that HUGE a header, adding an advert anywhere near the top is going to push all of your site content down "below the fold" which is a TERRIBLE location for users to start their experience.

2- your host is requiring you to put an advert on your site?   Sounds like time for a new host to me...  I have *NEVER* had to put and advert on my site, in over 15 years of running sites.

3- If you absolutely must... I suggest using the ad manager mod... this gives you a variety of locations to put adverts and allows you to change them without modifying your actual source code.

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Steve

If you search for 'ads' here you'll find what Kindred is talking about:

clicky
DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: