News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

[free] board shows but don't allow guest access

Started by MyTime, January 30, 2015, 01:16:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MyTime

How can I get some boards to show to public, but make them register an account to access the boards

Kindred

Although it should be noted that some of us discourage that sort of behavior....

Forcing someone to register to READ your site is annoying and results in many people leaving instead of registering.
Showing them something that they can't actually access is deceptive IMO.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Bruce the Shark

I am seeing and reading this topic a bit differently. They are only reading the outside of the board which is fair, then why would they need to view the contents inside if they are not member's.
I would have just a few boards that can be view able but others they would need to register.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

MyTime

I have read it is deceptive towards forcing registration, and having second thoughts

EDIT: But I will be using this strategy to show some private hosting mic lobby boards for member tools, but restrict guest from access the board so they aren't spammed with fake accounts on my mic chat servers

Advertisement: