smf 1.1.15 cannot update to 1.1.16

Started by dudley1001, January 30, 2015, 11:06:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dudley1001

Ok I have been repairing the forum after the new webmaster messed up an update. I thought I had it working and updated to 1.1.20 but Aeva was showing 2 galleries as it had been installed twice. I used the backups from packages/backups to restore before the second install. This fixed the gallery problem but took me back to smf 1.1.15 and when I try to run the update to 1.1.16 I get the "corrupt version error". No sure where to go next on this guy. I have tried using a zipped version of the update but this failed as well.

website is ercs,ab,ca

kat

Oh, heck. This, again. I'm surprised it's not been fixed, coz we've known about this for AGES!

Get the attached file and install it as you'd install a mod. It should work. I'm surprised the zip you used didn't, to be honest.

Welcome to the forum!

Kindred

K@ -- you keep saying that...  and we keep telling you -- it has been fixed -- several dozen times now.

I suspect that some automatic process on the server is borking it each time we fix it.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

kat

Why would it only affect that one file, though? Worth investigating?

Illori

Quote from: Kindred on January 30, 2015, 02:58:54 PM
K@ -- you keep saying that...  and we keep telling you -- it has been fixed -- several dozen times now.

I suspect that some automatic process on the server is borking it each time we fix it.

as far as i know there is no automatic process that touches the patches. the zip has been uploaded to the server just the link for the package manager has not been pointed to it.

attempts at fixing it have been made, they just are not successful.

Kindred

there must be something which breaks it, because it has been fixed several times
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

Quote from: Kindred on January 30, 2015, 04:20:29 PM
there must be something which breaks it, because it has been fixed several times

no it has not been fixed, it has been attempted to fix. just no one has reported back to the team topics when a topic like this comes up that it has not been fixed.

dudley1001

;D Thank you guys. Thezip fil e supplied did the trick. I do not know why my zip file didn't work as I used it when I did the initial update to 1.1.16. Strange stuff. I had read that using 7zip was a bad idea so used winzip to make it. I bow to the masters!!! Its been about 5 years since I installed the forum and about 2 years since I touched it so this was a learning curve for me.

kat

Advertisement: