News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Hello i need help

Started by DatMan, January 30, 2015, 03:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

or you could ask your questions clearly......

or you could ask the author of the mod that you are using - in the support topic of that mod....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

DatMan

My fourms mod is legend II 2 staff list and simple portal

br360

Quote from: DatMan on January 31, 2015, 08:24:27 AM
where can i put the ids ?

That is the correct page to put the ID's, but unfortunately that part of the mod did not install properly (thus the errors that you ignored).

You are going to have to manually edit the missing code in yourself.

@Burke Knight: I could be mistaken, but didn't you do an update on this mod that worked well on 2.0.9? I can't seem to find it though.

Burke ♞ Knight

Quote from: br360 on January 31, 2015, 03:47:24 PM
@Burke Knight: I could be mistaken, but didn't you do an update on this mod that worked well on 2.0.9? I can't seem to find it though.

I did make a mod, yes.
However, it is no longer on the mod list, as I had removed it. It can be found, however: http://www.bktemplates.org/smfmods
Just look for: Group Key Order and Style

br360

Oh ok, cool. Thanks.

Datman: if you can delete the older mod you have (although you are probably going to have to go through the files it edits to make sure every part of the code was removed), the one Burke Knight made is fairly new, and it should install cleanly.

DatMan

That's cool I will try to re-upload the and forums and try those mods....
But still didn't know how to add my members group in the legend

Acans

If the mod installs without any errors, you should be able to add membergroups to the legend by adding their ID's like in this picture.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=download;mod=1077;id=48029;image
"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

DatMan

Re upload and installed legend RC3 and qorking thanks.

But got another question how to add colors to our name ??? In forum ??

Kindred

WHERE?

"In forum" is not at all descriptive...  Since the entire site could be considered "in forum"

And once again...m m. For questions with a specific mod, you should be asking the author...
If the mod is from here, then ask in the thread dedicated to supporting that mod. If the mod is distributed on another site, then you should be asking on that site.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Burke ♞ Knight

Kindred, the OP stated they used the mod that is no longer supported by it's maker, who has gone AWOL.
True, though, the questions about it should be taken to it's support topic, but I rather doubt the mod's maker will reply.
However, other people, more likely will and that would be a lot better than asking here, DatMan.

Also, you were given an alternative, that is more up to date, and IS still being supported by it's maker, even if not here, that would more likely be a better choice to use.

Kindred

If the mod support thread is still open, then questions belong there... Even if the mod author doesn't answer, other mod users might....    And support for custom or broken mods is still outside the realm of the main software support...
Слaва
Украинi

Burke ♞ Knight

That is why I said:

Quote from: ♘ DeadMan ♘ on February 01, 2015, 08:32:34 AM
True, though, the questions about it should be taken to it's support topic, but I rather doubt the mod's maker will reply.
However, other people, more likely will and that would be a lot better than asking here, DatMan.

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

DatMan

Advertisement: