Mulitple admins with same email account

Started by Bruce the Shark, January 31, 2015, 02:16:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce the Shark

I created a second admin so that he can have equal control over my forum as me but he users a different email account.
Not to confuse matters when members sign up for approval.
I was wondering how would i have him under my email account.

Kindred

You can not.   The email is used as a unique account ID just like the username. You can actually,log in using your email instead of your username.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Bruce the Shark

yes but the activation is going into his email account and not mine.
I think i got something setup incorrectly for this to be happening.

br360

I thought all admins got notified of account activation? Who's address is listed in the webmaster's address?

Bruce the Shark

Quote from: br360 on January 31, 2015, 02:41:16 AM
I thought all admins got notified of account activation? Who's address is listed in the webmaster's address?

I didn't see this, what i might do is remove him and re create a new account.

br360

Another thing though; check in your admin>>members>>registrations>>settings- and see if "Notify administrators when a new member joins" is checked.

Bruce the Shark

I just did as you mentioned and i was testing this out on a spare account but i am not seeing the approval rather an error in gmail is saying
"This message may not have been sent by:  [email protected]" Learn more  Report phishing

br360

Gmail has been getting a lot stricter with what they flag as spam, and they may consider your email address as spam for some reason . Have you checked your spam folder to see if the notifications are going there?

Arantor

Unless the email was sent via GMail's server, an email claiming to be from GMail will likely be flagged as spam.

Bruce the Shark

Quote from: br360 on January 31, 2015, 05:06:30 AM
Gmail has been getting a lot stricter with what they flag as spam, and they may consider your email address as spam for some reason . Have you checked your spam folder to see if the notifications are going there?
yes i checked in the spam folder, there isnt anything in there.

also the email address is sent through another of my gmail account that i am using.

Kindred

ah... so the problem is not that you have a second admin and that he has an individual email...

the problem is that YOU are not receiving notifications of new users...

The second has nothing at all to do with the first...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Bruce the Shark

Originally as the title stated multiple admins under one email account was it possible to have just one mailing account  as my primary email was not sending out notification to new users on registering. i learned later that the second admin was receiving these notifications for new users. This shouldn't have happened and possibly a error on setting up on my behalf.

This is why i asked this question.

However

I think now i have corrected this issue because i have disabled the email of the second admin so he in theory he shouldn't be receiving or sending any notification at all.
The primary email now seems to be working because i have just tested this out as mentioned above.
The only problem is now that gmails is now showing this error. To ME...it looks like they are seeing it as some sort of spam

"This message may not have been sent by: [email protected]  Learn more  Report phishing
Your registration request at Xxxx Listing of xxx has been received, Micheal.

The username you registered with was Micheal. If you forget your password, you can change it at http://xxxxxxxxxxxx/index.php?action=reminder.

Before you can login and start using the forum, your request will be reviewed and approved.  When this happens, you will receive another email from this address.

Regards,
The xxxxxxxxxx Team."

So now the user can't seem to activate his or her account as there is no link to follow.
I don't understand what this means "When this happens, you will receive another email from this address."

Kindred

well, that is your specific welcome note...   so, what did it mean when you added it in there?

One assumes that you have some sort of admin approval process necesarry for new users to be added.

However, having multiple admins who all recieve emails will not prevent the main admin from receiving emails.  I have 4 admins on one system -- and we ALL recieve the new user notification.  If, when you add a second admin, your system stops sending emails to the primary admin -- then you have likely caused an error somewhere in your code - since it works correctly on a default installation.
Слaва
Украинi

Illori

you are not using an email address that is associated with your website to send the email and it is being sent from your website/server. change the email address the email is being sent from and they should not go in your spam folder.

Bruce the Shark

Kindred i think i have done something wrong here again, omg.... and not checked the "require users to activate the account"
as seen in the image below. This might explain why this is happening. Am i correct?

but

As mentioned by Illori and i believe she is correct on this, as i have been researching it on the internet.

"you are not using an email address that is associated with your website to send the email and it is being sent from your website/server. change the email address the email is being sent from and they should not go in your spam folder."

Yes this could be one of the reasons. I have yet to try this out.
I could through my hosting provider set an email account associated to my domain name.
It wouldn't be to hard to do.

Acans

Hi Bruce,

Just going through some old topics. Were you able to resolve your issue?
"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

Bruce the Shark

Not really Snow
Not because it cant be done...its because i dont know what i am doing.
Its ONE of a few things i yet to resolve in my forum.
My email verification is still be sent to another admin email which i thought i had disabled?

Acans

Do you mind PM'ing me your forum's URL? I'll register an account and if you can add me to the Admin group I'll take a peak.
"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

Advertisement: