News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Getting Page Not Found when trying to Post

Started by JohnS, January 31, 2015, 07:20:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnS

For some time I have been getting an occasional Page Not Found when posting. There are no other problems with the forum. Some days it is almost impossible to post, other days there are only a few such errors.
I am getting no other problems with any website. There is never a problem when previewing the post only when you hit the post button.
There are never any problems when reading posts, and I have not come across any other issue when administering the website.
Any ideas about what could be causing this.
Thanks
John

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

JohnS

Thanks for your reply Kindred.
Sorry, should have said. Version 2.0.9, no mods other than the theme which is my own. www.cumbriafhs.com

That just gave me a thought I will put my theme back to the default just to check it is nothing in that. Though as it works sometimes and not others I can't see how it could be the theme.

Kindred

when you get the page not found, what do you do?  just refresh or do you go back and click post again?

what is the URL of the page not found? does it actually MATCH the URL of the page when it gets successfully posted?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

JohnS

Normally I go back and post again. If I have gone via preview the data is normally but not always still there. If I go back after just posting without previewing, the form is blank and I have to put it in again.
Yes I have carefully checked the URL's from successful posts, the URL the post button is pointing to and the URL displayed in the browser on Page Not Found. They all look OK.

Mstcool

Might have something to do with ur host. Who's ur host?

JohnS

Possibly, host is Kualo.
When it happened a month or so ago, they scoured the logs for anything that could indicate an issue, but found nothing.
Other frequent posters say they do not get it, which tends to rule out the host and point to either the ISP or my PC.
But I get no other problems and certainly no problem posting here.

Advertisement: