Illegal double '758e140157' value found during parsing

Started by CyberShadow, February 01, 2015, 09:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CyberShadow

I am moving a forum to a new host, but I only have forum admin access at the old location (and full CPanel/SSH at the new site). Installing the backup from the old location wont work through phpMyAdmin as the backup is too large, so I am using SSH to import the .sql backup.

It all goes fine, until it actually tries to upload the database, and then I get an error message:

Illegal double '758e140157' value found during parsing

I understand that this is caused by a hex value being read as a double (since it is a set of numbers, an 'e' and then another set of numbers), and throws the error. I also understand that I could edit the data manually to add single quote or similar around the offending data to force is to be read as a hex string and try again.

But, I have no idea how many of these there are (I dont want to have to do this 100 times), and this is only a dry run for the real switch to the new site later.
Is there an easier, simpler way round this?

Many thanks.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

CyberShadow

I dont have phpMyAdmin access on the old location, so the only way that I have currently is a backup dump through the SMF admin control panel as a standard .sql file (GZip doesnt seem to work on that site... for some reason).

Does SMF not do a simple SQL dump, and add elements to the backup file?
Since there is no 'import' option though the admin control panel on SMF, I assumed it was a standard database dump.

Should I request a phpMyAdmin SQL export instead?

Kindred

it is a known issue that the backup in SMF admin gets problematic after a certain point in forum size -- hence the fact that we do not recommend using it (and we have removed the function from 2.1)

So yes, I would recommend getting an actual export instead.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

CyberShadow

Ah, thanks. Yes, upgrading to a version a little more.... modern, is my first task after the move. I will try to grab a database dump.

While I am here, I have used a variety of forums over the years, and SMF has the fastest, friendliest and most useful support forum I have found. Thanks guy, many sites couldnt work without you, and its really appreciated.

CyberShadow

It looks like I spoke too soon.....

I managed to get a phpMyAdmin backup of the database. Now when I attempt to import it via SSH I get the error message:

ERROR 1062 (23000) at line 51: Duplicate entry '4' for key 'PRIMARY'

Any assistance on how to get round this?
Thanks.

CyberShadow

It looks like I spoke too soon... about speaking too soon.
This is now resolved.
I was attempting to import the database over an existing, aborted import attempt, which caused the primary key conflict.
Dropping the database and starting fresh solved this right away.

Kindred

glad you resolved that...   I was about to ask if that's what you were trying to do. :)
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: