Changing the help documentation

Started by shabbadoof, February 01, 2015, 03:12:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shabbadoof

Hi all

I'm after doing over the help documentation that is found under 'help' on a SMF forum next to messages / members / profile etc...

I've got all the content written I just want to know how I go about importing it. I've included a few uploaded images as well so would like to include those as well

Any ideas at all?

Thanks

Jon

Arantor

There's no import function, you'd have to replace action=help manually, which is not the easiest :(

shabbadoof

Oh dear

Is there a 'ages 4 and under' guide available on how to do that at all?

Or is there a mod people can recommend that maybe I could use instead of the standard 'Help' link solution where I can write my own custom help page?

Thanks

Jon

Arantor

No, because it does require code changes; it has no configuration or anything and cannot be done except by rewriting the code by hand :(

Nor is there a mod that comes to mind :(

shabbadoof

ah well - fair enough

Thanks very much for your help anyway

SMF is great - in one year i've grown a community of over 1000 users and over 21,000 posts and the software holds up great!

hugbear

Do you have a Portal? Portals usually allow you to add HTML pages/articles. You might try putting your help content in those pages and then use the Ultimate Menu mod to add a sub-button to your Help button (with a title like ,,Extended Help" or ,,<your_language> Help" or something) that point to your Help entry.

Advertisement: