News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Changing the help documentation

Started by shabbadoof, February 01, 2015, 03:12:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shabbadoof

Hi all

I'm after doing over the help documentation that is found under 'help' on a SMF forum next to messages / members / profile etc...

I've got all the content written I just want to know how I go about importing it. I've included a few uploaded images as well so would like to include those as well

Any ideas at all?

Thanks

Jon

Arantor

There's no import function, you'd have to replace action=help manually, which is not the easiest :(

shabbadoof

Oh dear

Is there a 'ages 4 and under' guide available on how to do that at all?

Or is there a mod people can recommend that maybe I could use instead of the standard 'Help' link solution where I can write my own custom help page?

Thanks

Jon

Arantor

No, because it does require code changes; it has no configuration or anything and cannot be done except by rewriting the code by hand :(

Nor is there a mod that comes to mind :(

shabbadoof

ah well - fair enough

Thanks very much for your help anyway

SMF is great - in one year i've grown a community of over 1000 users and over 21,000 posts and the software holds up great!

hugbear

Do you have a Portal? Portals usually allow you to add HTML pages/articles. You might try putting your help content in those pages and then use the Ultimate Menu mod to add a sub-button to your Help button (with a title like ,,Extended Help" or ,,<your_language> Help" or something) that point to your Help entry.

Advertisement: