Slow posting

Started by szinski, February 01, 2015, 05:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

szinski

Hello everyone.

I just migrated my SMF 2.0.9 forum to a new (faster) server, the move went great with no issues to report. Pages load much faster on the new box and my users are very happy with the speedy performance of browsing/reading the forum. BUT... now everyone is experiencing a weird delay when creating new topics and/or replying... When you hit the Post button, the browser can hang from anywhere between 5 to 30 seconds before the page refreshes and shows the message index. One of my users discovered that if you click Post then immediately hit the browser's page-back button, the new post/topic is there without having to sit through the delay.

This behavior did not occur on my old server. The new server is running MySQL 5.5.40 and PHP 5.4.37

Any suggestions?

szinski

Oh, and as for the size of my forum, here are the stats:

358870 Posts in 34009 Topics by 27720 Members

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

szinski

http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum

Like Posts    2.0.2
Ignore User Button   1.0
Ad Managment    3.0.1
Remove "Last edit" mod   0.2.5
Tapatalk SMF 2.0 Plugin   4.2.2
Images on Print Page   1.1
httpBL   2.5.1
Add Social Media Icons To Profiles   1.2.0
Search Focus Dropdown   1.6.1
Age And Location   1.0
External and NoFollow All Links   1.0.0
PM to New Members   1.2
Resize Attached Images   2.4.1
Stop Forum Spam   1.0
Simple Audio Video Embedder   3.0 

szinski

Never mind, I discovered the problem.

It's caused by the new Tapatalk 4.2.2 plugin. I uninstalled it and posts are lightning fast.

Kindred

That was going to be my first guess.  Tapatalk can cause lots of issues... And are known for being problematic with each new release...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

szinski

My mistake was I installed the new Tapatalk 4.2.2 plugin a DAY before I moved to the new server, so the posting delays went unnoticed (or unreported) until after the move. So I was left thinking it was some obscure setting on the new server that was causing the problem.  :(

Advertisement: