2 forums

Started by Levinity, February 01, 2015, 08:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Levinity

Hey. I'm going to describe this in the best way I can.

Basically, I have a forums. I want to copy everything from that forums, and put it on another domain, but keep everything on the original domain. This 'secondary domain' would be where I test things on my forums before releasing it onto my first domain. I tried doing this already. But, when I copy+pasted everything over to the second domain, its all linked to my first domain. If anyone needs, I could demonstrate my problem over TeamViewer or another ScreenSharing program.

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Levinity

Thanks!

Sorry for such a stupid question, but I'd rather not mess up.. which forums do I do this with? I'm guessing the second forums.

Levinity

I just went with the 2nd forums, but I do have a question. When I'm on myforums/repair_settings.php, should I use the same database as my first forums or a new one? Thanks.

Burke ♞ Knight

A new one, just make new database, export from the old, and import into the new.
That way, they both use their own, especially if the second one, is just for testing.

Levinity

Thanks, that's what I thought. :)
EDIT:
I got this error.

Notice: Undefined index: is_legacy in /home/evegaming/public_html/test/repair_settings.php on line 726

Levinity

Sorry to double-post (again), but I got no answer and the same error.

(Notice: Undefined index: is_legacy in /home/evegaming/public_html/test/repair_settings.php on line 726)

Night09

If you have mods installed and you copied your original forums files but didnt copy the database all the mod code is pointing nowhere so will give errors. You need to clone the original database and use it in the second forum. Then both forums will match then you make edits or modifications to forum two and only use the result on forum one once you know it works error and bug free.

margarett

I can't understand how you get that issue in repair_settings...
Anyway, are you able to apply and save the changes?

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Night09

Quote from: margarett on February 02, 2015, 06:57:27 PM
I can't understand how you get that issue in repair_settings...
Anyway, are you able to apply and save the changes?

Might be any random php file thats opened if the actual sources files are looking for things it cant find as it still needs to load just to see repair_settings.php

Levinity

Sorry, should've stated that before.

No, I cannot save the settings. That error appears when I try and save them.

margarett

Tomorrow I'll post another repair_settings where that can't happen. Nevertheless, it shouldn't happen as it is...
My guess is that this error is masking another error but we'll get there ;)

Levinity

Thanks so much, you've been a tremendous help, margarett!

margarett

And here it is.
Do note that this is a version I'm working on, it has some... not-thoroughly-tested-functions :P
Anyway, it won't hurt your forum. And, I hope, should allow us to see what's wrong.

edit: now, with attachment :P

Levinity

Another error.

Notice: Undefined index: is_legacy in /home/evegaming/public_html/test/repair_settings.php on line 454

margarett

Levinity

margarett

Eeeexactly :) :) :)

So, please upload the file attached to the same place where repair_settings.php. then run it via browser --> www.your_forum_path.com/whats_the_path.php
It will return the server path where the file is, and where repair_settings is. Can you find your Sources folder under this path?

Levinity

Yes I can find my Sources folder under this path.

margarett

So I have no idea, sorry :(
There has to be something wrong in there.

Check that you have the correct forum url and path, then make sure Sources is in there.

In all these years, I never saw repair_settings failing so miserably :P Would it be possible for you to provide me access to the files where this is happening? I'd really like to see this live...

Advertisement: