getting error: Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_free_result()

Started by duneratt, October 16, 2005, 12:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duneratt

I've recently started getting this error message when I try to browse to or move around in my forum:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_free_result()

I tried to upgrade to 1.1  but the error has kept me from completing the upgrade and now the original version is hosed.

HELP!!!!!

duneratt

Finally got the upgrade to work but now getting this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function shorten_subject()

duneratt

fixed upgrade problem (all files didn't upload to server, originally) now back to original error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_free_result() in C:\htdocs\mydirectory\Forum\Sources\Load.php on line 145

this problem started intermittently but has gotten worse.  ..????

HELP!!!!

kegobeer

mysql_free_result is a PHP function.  If you get an error using it, perhaps you don't have MySQL support in PHP.  Posting your server details (server OS and version, PHP version, MySQL version) and the exact steps you took attempting to upgrade SMF will help.
"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it." - Norman Schwarzkopf
Posting and you (Click "WATCH THIS MOVIE")

duneratt

I reinstalled the old forum: smf 1.05

I recreated the MySQL smf db from the backup file I created last friday
MySQL version: 4.1.12a

Apache Server: 2.0.54

I still get the mysql_free_result error message intermittently.  Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, so I don't think its an extension issue.

kegobeer

Intermittent means server issue, in my experience.  Contact your host and ask if they're doing any upgrades, work, etc, that would cause this.
"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it." - Norman Schwarzkopf
Posting and you (Click "WATCH THIS MOVIE")

Advertisement: