News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

no matter what theme I use, I can't change the logo (SMF 2.0.9)

Started by mrsundertaker, February 06, 2015, 08:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrsundertaker

I've tried several themes, and every time I replace logo.png in the theme, no logo is displayed. Restore the original file, theme's original logo shows up. I can't figure out what I might be doing wrong. Any ideas are welcome.

Sir Osis of Liver

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

ARG01

Quote from: Krash on February 06, 2015, 09:21:31 PM
Did you rename the new logo logo.png?

Link to your forum?

Good advice. But, the file path really depends on the theme. Some of the older themes may use a .gif or .jpg as the logo.  ;)
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Sir Osis of Liver

- R. Waters

ARG01

Yes, logo.png is the average but still, we don't know what theme it is.

Quoteno matter what theme I use, I can't change the logo

I cant remember how many times someone tried to change the logo.png when the original was actually logo.gif or .jpg.  ;)

QuoteLink to your forum?

Yes, this would help.
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

mrsundertaker

Link to the forum is http://nwoclan.net [nofollow]. The current theme I'm working with is cz2012. In this case the logo is in images/id and it is names logo.png. When testing any themes, I've always located the theme logo and replaced it with my own in that location using the same name and format.

I did get one theme to sort of work, by editing its logo, deleting the image and pasting in my own image, but that seems like an unneccessary step and also the logo wasn't the right size afterward.

I'm tearing my hair out. I know I'm replacing the file correctly, it just doesn't show up on the forum.

ARG01

Some custom themes are heavily based on the default. Try going into Admin> Configuration> Current Theme and see if there is an option that states:

" Logo image URL:
(leave blank to show forum name or default logo.) "

mrsundertaker

Quote from: SimpMode (ARG) on February 07, 2015, 11:03:07 AM
Some custom themes are heavily based on the default. Try going into Admin> Configuration> Current Theme and see if there is an option that states:

" Logo image URL:
(leave blank to show forum name or default logo.) "

No such option. I'm perplexed.

Illori

http://www.jpr62.com/demos/index.php?theme=104 is the theme you are talking about?

the logo is background: url("http://www.jpr62.com/demos/Themes/cz2012/images/id/logo.png") no-repeat transparent

ARG01

Looks like it is working in the theme that you are currently using.

mrsundertaker

Quote from: SimpMode (ARG) on February 07, 2015, 05:18:29 PM
Looks like it is working in the theme that you are currently using.

It's a half-assed solution though. In every theme I've tried, the only way to get my logo to show up is to edit the theme's existing logo and delete the contents, then copy and paste my image into the now blank logo file. I first have to resize my logo to fit the size of the original, which means mine is smaller than I'd like. Seems like I should just be able to replace the file with my own instead of all that nonsense. But thanks for the suggestions and comments!

ARG01

You should be able to replace the old logo with a new image. I cannot think of a reason why it does not work? However, if your new image is a different size than the original, you may be required to make size adjustments to accommodate the new image in the index.css file for that theme as well.

mrsundertaker

Quote from: SimpMode (ARG) on February 07, 2015, 06:07:51 PM
You should be able to replace the old logo with a new image. I cannot think of a reason why it does not work? However, if your new image is a different size than the original, you may be required to make size adjustments to accommodate the new image in the index.css file for that theme as well.

Thanks! I'll try to figure that out :)

Edit: And it didn't work. Oh well, at least I've got some sort of solution in place.

Sir Osis of Liver

I have had the annoying experience of changing images and having them not show up until the next day.  This has even happened when I deleted images completely, they still persist.  Something to do with server caching, I suspect, but if you try another browser, new image shows up right away.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: