Mod package idea for some new author: delete unactivated accounts after X time

Started by Deprecated, February 10, 2015, 03:49:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deprecated

Reference: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=533430

Free mod idea for any of you aspiring mod package authors:

Create a mod that adds a setting to delete unactivated accounts after some adjustable period of time. I'm not sue how you'd kick it off since we don't want to have it run every time the index is accessed.

You could add it in whenever a new member applies for membership, or maybe just put it in the admin panel somewhere around the "members awaiting activation" list. Put the amount of time in the misc mod package settings and then the admin can just push a button to clear out the old unactivated applications.

Meanwhile I've got to go delete another couple thousand out of the activation wait queue. :)

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

br360

Isn't this already a core feature in 2.0?

Admin>>Maintenance>>Forum Maintenance>>Members. Then change the "Remove Inactive Member" settings to remove any members that haven't activated their account or logged in in a specific amount of days.

Deprecated

Yeah, it's in Maintenance. I guess it shows I haven't run a SMF forum in a couple years. I'm running mostly vBulletin these days.

Oh well... Time to go off and write code.

Advertisement: