IPB to Smf database password problem

Started by Lisah746, October 16, 2005, 06:00:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisah746

I'm sorry if this has been covered already,but I couldn't find anything about it.

Here is my problem. When I run invision_to_smf.php I get the following error

QuoteThe database password you entered was incorrect. Please make sure you are using the right password (for the SMF user!) and try it again.

I am using the password I created when I installed smf. I added that user to the IPB database as well. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help.

Oldiesmann

The database password you entered doesn't match what's in Settings.php, so make sure you're typing it correctly and verify that the password in Settings.php is correct.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Lisah746

Oldies, you were absoultely correct.

However now I run into this error.

QuoteSorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of Invision Power Board. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the MySQL account used does not have permissions to access it.

xenovanis

The user of the IPB database should have access to the SMF database. The user of your SMF database should have access to your IPB database. You can set this in your cPanel. Go to MySQL databases, there are two dropdown menu's next to eachother where you can assign (add) users to databases.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Lisah746

I've did that and it's still giving me the same problem.

Oldiesmann

Make sure that the username and password in IPB's config file are the same as the username and password in SMF's Settings.php as well. If it still doesn't work, just move all the IPB tables onto the SMF database and modify IPB's config file to use that database instead.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Advertisement: