Super Simple Thread Tags

Started by WadaNon, February 15, 2015, 05:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

420Connect.co.uk

I really appreciate your updates and look forward to testing it out when it's ready! :)
www.420Connect.co.uk ~ A Social Network For The #CannabisCommunity ~ Come say "High" ;)

dakey

Great mod.. works great, but I use it together with the Ajax recent topics mod.. and on the recent topics page no tags are displayed, only [this]. Can I add some simple code into the recent topic mod to display the tags?

WadaNon

Quote from: dakey on March 25, 2015, 06:56:49 PM
Great mod.. works great, but I use it together with the Ajax recent topics mod.. and on the recent topics page no tags are displayed, only [this]. Can I add some simple code into the recent topic mod to display the tags?

Try this:

On Sources/Recent.php:
Code (Search) Select

while ($row = $smcFunc['db_fetch_assoc']($request))
{

Code (Add After) Select

$threadTags = makeThreadTags($row['subject']);

$row['subject'] = $threadTags[0];
$threadTags = $threadTags[1];

Code (Search) Select

'link' => '<a href="' . $scripturl . '?topic=' . $row['id_topic'] . '.0">' . $row['subject'] . '</a>',

Code (Replace) Select

'link' => '<a href="' . $scripturl . '?topic=' . $row['id_topic'] . '.0">' . $row['subject'] . '</a>' . $threadTags,

If it doesn't work, tell me. I just did the edit based on reading the mod for 5 minutes.
No to support PMs and spam, yes to everything else :D

dakey

That was the best 5 minutes ever, it works! Many thanks  8)

iain sherriff

This is probably the most appreciated (by my users) mod I have  :)
Also looking forward to integration that 420 requested  ;)
SMF 2.0.12

Kimmie

Do you have a demo site? The small image you posted doesn't really show much. Thanks.

WadaNon

Quote from: Kimmie on April 11, 2015, 01:07:13 PM
Do you have a demo site? The small image you posted doesn't really show much. Thanks.
My site (on my profile here) uses a custom version of the mod for all boards there. Feel free to look and that stuff. I'll probably setup a demo site sometime later.

WadaNon

Just an update. I was going to upload the update last tuesday but my PC got fried and I can't really upload the update from a phone. Expect the update this monday.

I can give a sneak of what will contain at the very least:
- Per-board permissions.
- Specify in what places the tags would be shown.
- More styles for the tags.
- And some more...

The update that 420connect.info requested will be released separately (but not on the same date as the update) but linked to on the mod page to this thread.

420Connect.co.uk

Quote from: WadaNon on April 24, 2015, 10:50:42 PM
Just an update. I was going to upload the update last tuesday but my PC got fried and I can't really upload the update from a phone. Expect the update this monday.

I can give a sneak of what will contain at the very least:
- Per-board permissions.
- Specify in what places the tags would be shown.
- More styles for the tags.
- And some more...

The update that 420connect.info requested will be released separately (but not on the same date as the update) but linked to on the mod page to this thread.

Looking forward to this!

Many thanks for considering my request too :)
www.420Connect.co.uk ~ A Social Network For The #CannabisCommunity ~ Come say "High" ;)

gorbi

Why do  you not use an established symbol # to denote tags?

Rain Forest

Quote from: gorbi on April 26, 2015, 05:33:31 AM
Why do  you not use an established symbol # to denote tags?

Quote from: Dragon Fruit on February 17, 2015, 05:03:00 AM
I have 2 suggestions:
Change [ text ] to #text to make tags in topic (Otherwise it's so colorful, see attachment :P);

Yup :)

gorbi

Quote from: WadaNon on February 17, 2015, 12:02:14 PM
Tags can be more than one word so the brackets are perfect for that case.
As twitter

#LarryALoveToRemember
#БУНТАРСКИЙВЫХОДНОЙ
#NepalEarthquake

Rain Forest

Let's wait for WadaNon, maybe he will support it within one of the next versions :)

gorbi

Quote from: Dragon Fruit on April 26, 2015, 01:26:19 PM
Let's wait for WadaNon, maybe he will support it within one of the next versions :)
+100500  ;)

gorbi

You will be able to share posts on social networks at once with #tags

420Connect.co.uk

Just wondered if this was still being supported/developed by Wada..

iain sherriff

I'm trying to get tags showing in Simple Portal blocks.

I have added the mod css to both portal css files
and
added code as in post #22 here to portal_blocks in sources

forum still works OK but no change to tags in the block............... any one an ideas ? 
SMF 2.0.12

420Connect.co.uk

Quote from: iain sherriff on August 09, 2015, 03:54:49 PM
I'm trying to get tags showing in Simple Portal blocks.

I have added the mod css to both portal css files
and
added code as in post #22 here to portal_blocks in sources

forum still works OK but no change to tags in the block............... any one an ideas ?

I'd also be interested in this should anyone solve it! ;)

WadaNon

Oh wow. Sorry for that. I just remembered that about the mod. I said that I would get a new version few months ago but work, uni and life stuff came so fast that I completely forgot about it until now that I checked my mail (I have a separate mail for this forum, so...).

I got a new PC and well... I trashed the old drive with the code of the new version. I'm so sorry.

btw do you guys still want the hashtag thing?

WadaNon

Sorry for the double post but I can't edit my last post :P

Updated the mod to 1.2.

This is only a "cover all bases" update, mainly for users that use SSI.php and want tags too. (*cough*SimplePortal*cough*)
For SimplePortal users: If you modified your blocks to add tag support, please undo them. It should work now out of the box. If not, feel free to reply or send me 20 mails about the matter.

Advertisement: