Problems after upgrading to 1.1 RC1

Started by Kerux, October 16, 2005, 09:53:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerux

i have lost my entire forum after updating to 1.1 RC1 from 1.0.5

I lost all my members and posts at least.

I do have the .sql file from AFTER the upgrade, but before runing the upgrade I DID select the back up check mark....... is there anything I can do to save me forum?

I get this error when I try to update:
__
Converting members and personal messages...
   Converting "members"... (part 1)done.
   Converting "members"... (part 2)
   Members #1 - #72... Unsuccessful!
This query:

SELECT ID_MEMBER, im_ignore_list, gender, secretAnswer
    FROM smf_members
    LIMIT 0, 500;

Caused the error:

Unknown column 'im_ignore_list' in 'field list'
__

I am hoping there is something I can still do, its been a while since i have looked through a sql file to i am not too sure what i can do to make the backup_smf become the main...

*sigh* i see like such a loser......
I am, I saw, I programmed.

oscar2001

To rename each table just click the structure icon on each table and then click operations and you should see the correct area to rename the table.(nautarlly you will have to either drop or move the new newly created tables from the upgrade b4 renaming the backup ones)..
SOmeone else could probably give you a easier way to do it all though

Oldiesmann

Re-upload the 1.0.5 files, then go into Settings.php and add "backup_" (without the quotes) to the database prefix. That should allow you to access your board again.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Kerux

then should i be able to upgrade from there or would there be more work involved?

Oldiesmann

I'm not sure why you're getting the "unknown column im_ignore_list" error. Re-uploading 1.0.5 files and change the database prefix will make it so you can access your board again. If you want to try re-upgrading from there, you can, but you'll probably run into the same issue again.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Kerux

i now know what i did, i ran the update for 1.0.5 *sigh* last time i let someone else download and upload the files for me.....

anyhow, now i get this error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: shorten_subject() in /home/httpd/vhosts/treysdomain.org/httpdocs/lighthouse/Sources/BoardIndex.php on line 218

Oldiesmann

Re-upload the entire Sources directory. shorten_subject is in Sources/Subs.php.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Kerux

Oldiesmann

Make sure you're uploading the 1.1 version and not the 1.0.5 version. Try deleting the file from your server then re-uploading it.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Advertisement: