News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Difficulties with new install

Started by Alec Durbervilles, February 20, 2015, 06:36:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alec Durbervilles

For a new website, I've installed an addon domain to my existing HostGator account. I think I've followed all the directions correctly up to the point of doing the install.php step. But when I type "mydomain.com/install.php" I get the following message.

It says the language files should be in the Themes/default/languages folder on my site and yet the same 33 files in the unzipped smf_2-0-9_install/themes/default/languages folder on my hard drive are also in the themes/default/languages folder on my site. I've looked to make sure every single file uploaded and that the directory structure is identical. I've got the nameservers pointed to the right place . It's possible they haven't finished propagating since I only did it yesterday (about 20 hours ago). But I don't think that's a problem since it did at least look in the themes/default/languages folder to tell me there were missing language files.

Any ideas?

Mortissimov

What FTP client do you used? Total Commander is a piece of ******. Missing files and don't complete the upload all the time. Delete all files from your server, and upload them again with FileZilla for examlpe.

Alec Durbervilles

I figured it out. I ended up using Core ftp and it worked just fine. I deleted all the previously uploaded files and started from scratch. The server's upload app didn't work so well.

Anyway, problem solved. Thanks.

Advertisement: