please help me error installing 1.x smf

Started by Jenni Lynn, February 22, 2015, 06:02:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenni Lynn

I keep getting an error when attempting to install smf on a sub domain

I have installed smf forum's more times then I can count but now I have never got this error before

see photo for error

an amateur at everything that I ever do life with me is error error and a few more errors (grins)

margarett

Don't unstall 1.1.x as it is really close to end of life... Go for 2.0.9 instead ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Jenni Lynn

but I want the chat room and the 2.0 as I have installed on another site I regret installing the 2.0 as I cannot have the chat room
an amateur at everything that I ever do life with me is error error and a few more errors (grins)

margarett

Which chat room?

In any case, you can't really get stuck with 1.1.x because of any specific mod... There are alternatives ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Kindred

for your actual error it seems that the SMF installer can not read/write the Settings.php file...   thus, it can not set the values it needs to set
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Jenni Lynn

Quote from: margarett on February 22, 2015, 07:03:19 AM
Which chat room?

In any case, you can't really get stuck with 1.1.x because of any specific mod... There are alternatives ;)
Quote from: margarett on February 22, 2015, 07:03:19 AM
Which chat room?

flash chat was the chat room I wanted to install

Deaks

Jenni I have marked this as solved for now as you never bumped post so i assume its solved, if this is wrong please let us know.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Advertisement: