Critical Error - Unknown MySQL server host - Step 3

Started by MiB3Avenger, February 23, 2015, 07:54:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiB3Avenger

Hi! (My first post in the forum.)

I'm trying to install SMF on my website. I've trying to install from yesterday, but it won't work. At
QuoteStep 3: Database Settings
after filling all the blanks, I get a message:

Critical Error!
Cannot connect to the database server with the supplied data.

If you are not sure about what to type in, please contact your host.
Unknown MySQL server host 'mysql.hostinger.co.uk' (2)

What to do now? I've tried using update pack, it still doesn't work.

PS: I was trying to shift my forum from forum.prakashsoft.hol.es [nofollow] to forum.prakashsoft.co.in [nofollow]

Mortissimov

This is usually the case when name resolving doesn't work on the host. If your connect destination is always the same, you might want to use its IP address for connecting instead. Or you can try 127.0.0.1 or localhost.

MiB3Avenger

I tried what you said, it didn't work or else, I might have not done in the correct way.

Mortissimov

Dou you have phpmyadmin access? When you log in to your account, you can see like this:

You need to write the red circled ip/host in the installation input.

MiB3Avenger

Actually, I use mysql db from hostinger.co.uk [nofollow] & my webserver is located in India. So, localhost won't work I guess. When I logged in to phpmyadmin, it shows:

Mortissimov

Just try localhost. It'll work I think. :) Location doesn't matter.

Illori

why dont you put in a support ticket to your host and ask them what to put in? we can guess all day what you have to put in and we will be wrong as we dont run your host or know their configuration.

MiB3Avenger

How can I put a support ticket to my host? How can I get support ticket? My host has few SMF forums hosted, but while installing forum by me, it didn't work.

margarett

You should have a "customer login area" and inside there should be a support area. They must have some support channel ;)

Quote from: MiB3Avenger on February 25, 2015, 07:57:38 AM
My host has few SMF forums hosted
If you have FTP access to one of these, check Settings.php, you'll see the server in use, use the same ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

MiB3Avenger

I tried to check settings.php and tried those settings, but didn't work. My host is one of my friend, and he's working on it. I have contact with him. I asked if he can fix it or not. He is still trying to do it.

MiB3Avenger

I changed my host & forum is working now, you may lock this topic or do whatever you want to do with this topic.

margarett

Thank you for letting is know. I'll just mark it as solved, it could serve as a reference for other users.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Advertisement: