News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Another domain -> another temptlate

Started by rwivan, February 24, 2015, 01:11:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rwivan

Hello!

I have a website , there is a SMF forum, as I do on another domain name which leads to the same website to show a different template?

Thank you.

Kindred

not easily...

you could TRY the split forum mod...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Deaks

ok let me understand what you are saying, you have domains pointed at the same forum so for example Domain A and Domain B

What I read is you want Domain A to show one theme and Domain B to show a different.

This is possible but you would be limited to css changes mostly.

Something similar to this would be needed to call the css

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14854117/php-allow-access-to-specific-referrer-url-page-only
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Kindred

Runic... it won't work except on the first access page...  because the moment a user clicks any link inside the forum, that user will be taken the the scripturl address and thus will be leaving the "special action domain"
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Deaks

forgot about that it is possible however just outwith remit of support
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Advertisement: