News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

2.0.9 HTML tag doesn't work already tried fix

Started by rob1986, February 25, 2015, 07:43:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob1986

hen I try to post the new code, it wont let me modify posts, and I get an error. My original problem is that when I post within the HTML tags it doesn't post right and then when i go back to edit the original code is all spaced out.

I applied the fix and it screws it up even more. I am running 2.0.9.

Here is the error when i try and put the "fix" in:

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/content/12/10730012/html/forum/Sources/Subs-Post.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5_3/lib/php') in /home/content/12/10730012/html/forum/Sources/Post.php on line 103

Bruce the Shark

Have a read of this topic
See if it helps you out.
I know its for a older version but it looks similar to your issue.
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=524724.0

rob1986

I read that thread. Yeah I tried replacing the code, and that is when I got that error. It popped up when I applied the "fixed" code and hit modify on a post.

Kindred

In which case, it suggests that you applied the code incorrectly...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

Says the file is missing. Another case of the host deleting uploads again?

rob1986

Possibly I will go back and check, but I can post? I didn't apply the code incorrectly, and re-tried it at least 10 times. Still the same error.

margarett

It seems that each time you upload it via FTP your host deletes it. We've seen that a lot recently...

Upload it via your host's File Manager instead ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

rob1986

I will try it. I tried it with cuteFTP, Filezilla, and CyberDuck. It was weird though with filezilla because when i went to upload it, it would appear in the Sources folder, then immediately disappear.

margarett

Yup. We've seen that a lot, recently. Your host is paranoid :P

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

rob1986

well the subs-post is in the folder, but i went and edited it in the hosts file manager and it now works. Thank you. Why wouldn't it work through any of my 3 ftp programs?

margarett

As I told you, we've seen it happening recently.

Subs-Post.php has the functions that SMF uses for sending emails. When you upload the file via FTP (and only via FTP!) your server scans the file and finds these mail-sending functions "suspicious" so it deletes the file.
When you upload the file via File Manager that scan doesn't exist and the file lives! :P

rob1986

Ok, well looks like I am forced to use their file manager. Just hate that.

Any other files that would "disappear"? Would like to check to see if they are all still there.

margarett

Subs-Auth.php is sometimes also deleted "because"...

Don't worry, if a file disappears, SMF will let you know :P

Advertisement: