Scehduled Tasks Question

Started by aarontharker, February 27, 2015, 12:16:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aarontharker

OK I have several scheduled tasks which run on different days of the month.  These days are user defined so I thought rather than coding for the interval each time they run I would just set the next_time timestamp in the database but this doesn't appear to work?

Can anyone explain to me how the scheduled task timings work?

br360

Go to admin>>maintenance>>scheduled tasks.

Where you see the list of task names, just click any of them. There you can change the intervals, start time, enable/disable.

aarontharker

Yes I'm aware of that thanks.  What I want to know is when the next_time value is reached does the forum do any other checking or does it run the task?

br360

Hopefully someone with more knowledge can confirm, but I'm pretty sure it runs the task.

Arantor

It is actually slightly more complex than that because other values in the database are used to track when the next task is due to run (built out of the scheduled tasks table)

Like pretty much everything else, you are not supposed to ever touch the DB directly unless you are fully conversant with exactly what else  will need to be updated. There is no reason to touch the DB, either.

Advertisement: