News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Blank page when not logged in

Started by MM617, February 26, 2015, 08:38:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MM617

I think I found out where the issue was, since we use it as a fanclub only registered and logged in members can view the site and forum, so I installed J-fusion and merged the registered members to the SMF forum if they log in at the homepage of the fanclub they can view the forum without too much problems, if they are logged out they get the blank page.. at least that's how it worked for me and my other admin.. I contacted a few members if they want to test with me now.. cause if everything works when they are logged then there shouldn't be any problems :)

I'll keep you updated about how it develops :) Thanks for everything so far ;)

MM617

Quote from: MM617 on February 26, 2015, 08:38:55 AM
I think I found out where the issue was, since we use it as a fanclub only registered and logged in members can view the site and forum, so I installed J-fusion and merged the registered members to the SMF forum if they log in at the homepage of the fanclub they can view the forum without too much problems, if they are logged out they get the blank page.. at least that's how it worked for me and my other admin.. I contacted a few members if they want to test with me now.. cause if everything works when they are logged then there shouldn't be any problems :)

I'll keep you updated about how it develops :) Thanks for everything so far ;)

It appears that the member system isn't the main source of the blank pages, I registered a testaccount with normal member rights to see how it does. When I go to the forum I get a blank page at first, after a refresh I can login. When I visit aa forum or topic I get a blank page again and it takes multiple refreshes before it loads.. and still my server has no error output yet so I'm afraid the only option is to start with a blank forum if we can't find the source of the problem..

margarett

I'm guessing that it has nothing to do with the converter. It should probably be something session-related. Not sure what, though :(
Can you get me a phpinfo?
What is a phpinfo() file?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

MM617

I tried a reinstall again, cause Jfusion was also screwing up.. but I got it converted again I'm logged in as admin and seems to work fine but with the testaccount I get the blank pages again.. I created the phpinfo file, it is located at this link: http://www.delainfans.nl/phpinfo.php

margarett

I *think* I might have seen it...

After you login as admin, what you you see when going here? index.php?action=admin;area=serversettings;sa=cookie

Your phpinfo shows this:
session.use_only_cookies   On
And I *think* that it should be off. Not sure, really...

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

MM617

Generally when I log in I get a blank page with the following link: index.php?action=login2, after a refresh it shows me the forum and I'm logged in. Is there someplace where I can turn these session cookies off? :)

margarett

Yes. In php.ini, maybe you need to ask your host to do it, though...

MM617

Yeah probably, I have been looking for it before since I found some things for the blank page too so I will contact them about this and I'll come back here when I know something more :)
Thanks again for all the support! :D

MM617

Quote from: MM617 on February 27, 2015, 09:49:01 AM
Yeah probably, I have been looking for it before since I found some things for the blank page too so I will contact them about this and I'll come back here when I know something more :)
Thanks again for all the support! :D

Got some news again, my host gave me instructions to turn off these cookies via my htaccess file.. So I did that without result... Now I decided to install the forum outside the fanclub directory so that i'm sure the member restriction is not causing me trouble..

Now I installed the SMF forum and before doing any other actions I already get the blank pages when I'm logged out, the link shows me this behind the index.php? ''PHPSESSID=bd3d7ce5oauik71kva0b4of6v3;wwwRedirect''  when I'm logged in as admin no problems at all

margarett

I'm sorry, I really have no idea. I am sure that it is something related to your server config, specifically session handling, but I don't know what it is.

The thing is, when you are logged in, you see the PHPSESSID in your URL and your server doesn't like it. It is strange that it isn't logged anywhere in your server, though :(

I'll now split your forum to Install board because this isn't a converter issue and will ask a developer to take a peek at it

margarett

It's probably unrelated, but can you disable hostname lookup and try again?
Administration Center » Configuration » Server Settings » General

MM617

I will give that a try, thanks for the suggestion ;) out of curiosity I just tried a phpbb forum and it works like a charm.. but I prefer SMF much over phpbb ;)

MM617

Quote from: margarett on February 27, 2015, 01:04:37 PM
It's probably unrelated, but can you disable hostname lookup and try again?
Administration Center » Configuration » Server Settings » General

I am carefully optimistic! I made a fresh install in the fanclub directory, logged in as admin and disables the hostname lookup.. after that i did multiple normal and hard refreshes without problems also when not logged in.

After that I did the conversion and everything wa successfully added, then I connected Jfusion to the forum and synced all the current users with the forum and it works like a charm! I logged in with 2 different accounts, also guests didn't get blank pages.. some regular members are still testing to see if it's really better now but so far it looks great!

MM617

I'm really glad I can tell that everything is running and working optimally now, we put everything to the live version yesterday! I had 1 time that overnight the database got completely erased for no reason.. so to make sure I changed all details and it didn't happen again..

So I want to thank you very much for the clear and quick support! :D

Advertisement: