News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Browser compatibility causing issues.

Started by Qristal, February 27, 2015, 11:45:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qristal

Hello,

I install numerous forums on my server through QuickInstall in my cPanel. I have them sectioned off on their own subdomain and the installs seem to go fine but the issue is that many Internet Explorer users get a 404 trying to reach them. ALL of them. Yet all other browsers pull up the forums and they function fine. My server hosting provider has SMF 2.0.7 as the current install through their QuickInstall. One such forum address is here: hxxp:roomforums.roleplayevolution.com/ashesofsulport/index.php [nonactive]

I'd like a resolution to this for my IE users.

Thank you!

Sir Osis of Liver

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Qristal

Yes, for some on IE, it does..Many, it does not. I'm just hoping to get some guidance here on how to make adjustments or.. something. But it does affect a majority of my IE clients.

Sir Osis of Liver

The problem is intermittent, just happened to me a couple of times, but now I can connect no problem.  Have you contacted your host? 

- R. Waters

Qristal

I have, and they replied it was in the setup. The problem is, I'm not doing any setup on my end except installing it, and through their QuickInstall. It being intermittent has made it very hard for me to think about troubleshooting because I personally get to it fine, but many do not. I will admit I've not made any move to learn how to install w/o using QuickInstall. Maybe that is my next step?

Sir Osis of Liver

- R. Waters

Qristal

Thank you. I will play with that. I have a dedicated server, not shared, so I should be able to get through this easy enough. Will see what happens.

Advertisement: