Contact Form

Started by SimpMode, March 01, 2015, 11:13:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARG01

I am adding a simple Contact page to a website. I have never coded a contact form before and have a question.

In the code below, what do I need to add so the messages would be sent to a specific email? This is an HTML document but I imagine that PHP is needed. ?

<section id="four">
<div class="container">
<h3>Contact Us</h3>
<p>Please fill out the form below. Spam and unsolicited marketing will be ignored.</p>
<form method="post" action="#">
<div class="row uniform">
<div class="6u 12u(xsmall)"><input type="text" name="name" id="name" placeholder="Name" /></div>
<div class="6u 12u(xsmall)"><input type="email" name="email" id="email" placeholder="Email" /></div>
</div>
<div class="12u"><input type="text" name="subject" id="subject" placeholder="Subject" /></div>
</div>
<div class="12u"><textarea name="message" id="message" placeholder="Message" rows="6"></textarea></div>
</div>
<div class="12u">
<ul class="actions">
<li><input type="submit" class="special" value="Send Message" /></li>
<li><input type="reset" value="Reset Form" /></li>
</ul>
  </div>
   </div>
    </form>
      </div>
        </section>
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

margarett

Yes. You either use mailto:[email protected] which will just open the user's mail client (Outlook, etc) with some predefined content

Or you forward the form's action to a php script that deals with the submitted content and uses (usually) PHP mail function to send out stuff
http://www.freecontactform.com/email_form.php
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

ARG01

I would rather they fill out the form as opposed to simply opening their email client. I'll take a look. Thanks.  ;)
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Advertisement: