News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Deleted member - hundreds of 'guest' posts

Started by Saxon044, March 01, 2015, 01:13:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saxon044

Hi, I've had a long standing member leave, deleting their own profile as they went. This has left a forum full of 'ghost' posts and topics assigned to the username as guest.

I don't mind that some threads will become disjointed, but I do need to remove these posts. I have seen a MySQL query on here, is this method recommended, or is there a better way?

margarett

Best way is to create a new user then assign guest posts to this user. Finally, remove the user, choosing the option to remove all his posts
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Saxon044

That sounds easy enough! I'll report back. Thank you  :)

Saxon044

Just to confirm, this method works a treat. Many thanks Margarett!

Steve

Glad he got things worked out for you. Marking solved. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

edseward

hate to reveal my ignorance but how do you assign guests posts to the user you create?

Kindred

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/SMF2.0:Forum_Maintenance#Members
Reattribute User Posts - This function assigns a guest's posts to a specific registered user based on the email address or the username used to post.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: