News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Show forumindex to guests.. issue?

Started by facuxt, March 02, 2015, 06:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

facuxt

hello, i was looking to it, and i browse the forums, use the search index, and i got this post
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=530930.msg3770210#msg3770210

But, sadly. when i activate that, the guests are able just to view a blank screen without forum index or any boards... nothing else then the header and the footer whats happening?

Kindred

what smf version are you running?
what is the URL?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

facuxt

Quote from: Kindred on March 02, 2015, 07:30:32 AM
what smf version are you running?
what is the URL?
Sorry the url is hxxp:www.clioclub.com.ar/forum [nonactive] and im running 2.0.9

margarett

I'm seeing the "normal" screen when guest access is disabled...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

facuxt

Quote from: margarett on March 02, 2015, 08:30:43 PM
I'm seeing the "normal" screen when guest access is disabled...
yes you are right... right now guest access is disabled... here is a copy of the forum.... hxxp:www.clioclub.com.ar/forumloctest/ [nonactive] with the original theme, original and updated language, and guest access allowed.... but... no forums are shown...

Kindred

ah ha...    now I understand what you are talking about (sorry, your initial description had me confused)

you need to give guests access to see the boards...   in the board settings, make sure that the guest checkbox is checked...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

facuxt

Quote from: Kindred on March 03, 2015, 06:46:37 AM
ah ha...    now I understand what you are talking about (sorry, your initial description had me confused)

you need to give guests access to see the boards...   in the board settings, make sure that the guest checkbox is checked...
wow... that turned out well enough.. hehehe ... i have to modify every single forum and subforum in order to make it public to guests :P thank you a lot everyone..!!!!

Advertisement: