News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Theme vs. Forum upgrade?

Started by ivanTW, March 02, 2015, 07:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ivanTW

This may be a stupid question, but I've always heard the stupid questions are the ones you don't ask, so here goes.

My current theme is only in version 2.0.7 but I know SMF forums are now up to 2.1 etc. I haven't updated my forum for risk of my theme not working. Is this correct or can I upgrade it anyway? I just check the Novo theme recently and I only see 2.0.7 so I don't want to crash my forum by updating anything.

My smf version- 2.0.7
link to forum - forum.mixrevu.com

Thanks for the help, although this may be a self-evident question, just wanted to make sure. :)

br360

2.0.9 is the most stable version currently out, and since 2.1 is only in beta, it should really not be used on a live site.

That being said; you can definitely upgrade to 2.0.9 (2.0.8 first, then go to 2.0.9) as they are really just patches and security updates- you should have no issues at all with the theme you installed not working correctly.

Steve

Just remember to update to 2.0.8 first, then 9.

Also, if you have any mods installed, that changes things.
DO NOT pm me for support!

margarett

You are confused :P

2.0.7 is the version of your SMF. No theme version is disclosed (the theme you're using, at least)

As you've been told:
Quote from: br360 on March 02, 2015, 07:24:18 PM
2.0.9 is the most stable version currently out, and since 2.1 is only in beta, it should really not be used on a live site.

So you should update to 2.0.9 ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

ivanTW

Thanks for all the replies!!!!! Great, I can upgrade to 2.0.8 then 2.0.9. I'll be sure to backup first just in case! Thanks to everyone!  :)

Advertisement: