News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Removing "Logout" option from Main Menu

Started by CenTexPatriot, March 04, 2015, 12:24:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CenTexPatriot

I would like to remove the "Logout" option from the Main Menu, and leave all other menu items intact.

I am using SMF 2.0.9 with SMF Default Theme - Curve

How can this be accomplished?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Arantor

Um, why? Logout is a useful tool for account protection.

Pipke

"If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry: Worry never fixes anything."

Click here to view my mods for SMF

Hey 👋 Did i helped... you like what i do. You can now buy me a coffee! ☕

Steve

I'm with Arantor. There should always be an ability to logout, especially on shared computers ...
DO NOT pm me for support!

CenTexPatriot

Thank you all.

Pipke, the mod to Subs.php worked perfectly.

The forum is built within a secured member only website with it's own log out function. Any navigation outside the website during any browser session requires a new login. The forum cannot be accessed directly through bookmark, favorite, or shortcut without being currently logged in to the member website, otherwise a member website login is required as soon as the forum page attempts to load.

The default forum log out was creating problems with site security.

Thank you all again - some amazing talent here, obviously.

Steve

Excellent. Always good to know why someone would want a function that might otherwise be considered a security risk. Thanks for that. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

Arantor

I wonder if you actually made it less secure by doing this. SMF's security is well established, hardened against things like fixations and tampering, most other systems are not.

Advertisement: