News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

"Warning!" and "Login" messages on login

Started by DenDen60, March 04, 2015, 09:16:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DenDen60

I want to change the "Warning!" and "Login" messages that happens when the system prompts you to log in .

I tried to find them, but was not able to. Can someone tell me where to look? Thanks

Also, can we use HTML or BBC in these messages?

margarett

Login.english.php
$txt['warning'] = 'Warning!';

index.english.php
$txt['login'] = 'Login';
(do note that changing this affects more than just that. Namely, it changes the browser title too)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Shambles

Quote from: Denis Pageau
I tried to find them, but was not able to. ...

What did you use to try to find them? Get a (free) copy of notepad++ which contains a "find in files" feature, which would have found the message strings for you.

margarett

Total Commander. THE greatest invention since the wheel ;D
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Mortissimov

Quote from: margarett on March 04, 2015, 10:10:58 AM
Total Commander. THE greatest invention since the wheel ;D

Just kidding, right? :o  :D

Shambles

Whatever.

Thing is, too many members are asking similar questions to this; it's just such a simple and basic process - some may say even simpler than installing a forum, yet "forum admins" continue to have trouble finding & changing text strings.

DenDen60

Quote from: Shambles on March 04, 2015, 10:10:08 AM
Quote from: Denis Pageau
I tried to find them, but was not able to. ...

What did you use to try to find them? Get a (free) copy of notepad++ which contains a "find in files" feature, which would have found the message strings for you.

Good suggestions. I actually use the tool in C-panels to modify the files. Is their something that I could use in this environment?

Shambles

I find it far easier to bring the files to your local machine and edit them there. That at least gives you some semblance of a backup.

In addition, by bringing/downloading entire folders (eg, your Sources and Themes folders) you can use notepad++ or its derivatives (:P) to locate items of interest.

DenDen60

Quote from: margarett on March 04, 2015, 10:05:47 AM
Login.english.php
$txt['warning'] = 'Warning!';

index.english.php
$txt['login'] = 'Login';
(do note that changing this affects more than just that. Namely, it changes the browser title too)

Thanks for the info Margarett. I will change the message below.

Steve

Quote from: Shambles on March 04, 2015, 10:41:27 AMI find it far easier to bring the files to your local machine and edit them there. That at least gives you some semblance of a backup.

Ditto that. I bring down two copies, one to modify and one to not in case I screw up.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: